Signed in as:
30 and 31 October 2023
30 and 31 October 2023
Don’t miss out!
The primary goal of FOAN 2023 is to bring together and present the latest research in the field of fiber optics technologies aimed to end-users, both residential and business. The idea behind the workshop is to create an opportunity to learn new things by gathering scientists and experts from academia, industry, and operators in the field that will during the workshop share their knowledge, experience, and ideas.
Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore subject to meeting IEEE Xplore’s scope and quality requirements
All previous published proceedings are listed in the Web of Science database.
The journal Fiber and Integrated Optics will publish a Special issue based on presented papers/presentations
After the successful workshops in Moscow (2010), Budapest (2011), St. Petersburg (2012), Almaty (2013), Brno (2015), Lisbon (2016), Munich (2017), Sarajevo (2019), Ljubljana (2021) and Valenica (2022) we will continue this year with a workshop as a full physical event in Ghent, Belgium
Final deadline: August 21
Thank you for choosing FOAN2023 to present your valuable research,
The following are the steps you should take to upload the final version of your paper and present it:
1. Careful read reviewer comment and incorporate it in your final version, if decision for your paper is ACCEPTED there will no more revision.
2. Prepare the PDF file with following characteristics (if a status of your paper is "Accepted for presentation only" ignore this step):
o IEEE single-space, two-column format;
o The paper must be correctly formatted to fit on A4;
o Page numbers must not be used;
o Template can be downloaded from:
o Do not use page numbers, it will be added automatically;
o Do not insert any footers or headers.
o Do not use any PDF security features in submitted PDF files,
3. Check your PDF file by IEEE PDF Express tool:
a. Go to IEEE PDF eXpress site:
b. Enter the following conference ID: 59927X together with your email address and password.
c. Continue to enter information as prompted.
d. Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking
(don’t use different ID, in that case your paper will not be send to IEEE xplore)
4. Register at least one registration fee should be paid per accepted paper;
c. Registration link: https://icumt.info/2023/registration-form
d. If you need the receipt where stay just FOAN2023 - it is possible, just contact chair at mail: email@example.com;
5. Check did you signed IEEE copyright,
Note that without this document your paper cannot be submitted for indexing in the IEEE Xplore® database.
6. Prepare your presentation.
a. it can last 15, 20, 25, or 30 minutes;
the default time is 20 minutes;
b. please let me know if you require more or less time.
c. once when your time slot is derived, pleas k
d. you should send a presentation by October 15,
e. keep your presentation on the stick and bring with yourself;
f. check with the session chair does your presentation
g. it is allowed if you make some changes after October 15,
h. once your time slot is set please stick to the allotted time.
FOAN2023 will be held in conjunction with ICUMT2023, which means that:
- New opportunities with FOAN technologies such: XGPON, XSGPON, 10GEPON, NGPON2, UDWDMPON, passive optical LANs (POLANs), Colored PON FTTx, EP2P, AE, 50G PON;
- Coexistence of different PON systems
- All activities related to 100G PON standardization.
- Experimental research in 100G PON, 200G PON, 300G PON, 400G PON;
- Predictions and theoretical analyses for 400G PON, 1T PON;
- Flexibility in PON, PON Virtualization.
- Hybrid networks.
- Integration of different networks: fibre, FSO, wireless, and Wi Fi 6 (7);
- New architectures and typologies
- Latency and other parameters in the access and metro network fields.
- Wavelength routers
- New types of splitters;
- Cost-effective upgrades, and transition from one access system to another;
- Flexible network architecture,
- Legacy system compatibility
- The influence of regulatory standards on access network growth
- Networks overlap such as FTTH and mobile backhaul
- Intracompany networking;
- In house networking;
- In vehicle communications;
- Optical Wireless Communication;
- Photonics in IE4.0
Mobile back and front haul;
Integration of mobile and FTTH networks
Fiber optics in 5G network;
Fiber Optics Sensors,
Sensors in broadband networks, IoT sensors and actuators, sensors in home/office area;
Free Space Optics sensors.
Plasmatic nanostructure in fiber sensing application
Full optical sensor networks
The cost and energy effective systems;
GaAs/InP, LiNBO3, SIN, SOI, ..
The hybrid InP/SOI;
PIC for PON;
A high-capacity radio system based on micro-wave and millimeter-wave frequency bands.
Plasmonic nanostructures in fiber optics application;
Optical Wireless Communications for Indoor Access Networks
FSO - Free Space Optics for metro and in building area
- Applications where IoT acts as an access network expansion;
- IoT Architectures (in urban and home area);
- Massive IoT, IoT and 5/6G;
- Energy Harvesting;
- IoT protocols, IoT security;
Edvin Skaljo, (BH Telecom&University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Gerd Keiser (Boston University & PhotonicsComm Solutions, USA)
Emir Karamehmedovic, (International University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Looking for a localchair, please contatc the Organiser
Bostjan Batagelj (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)
Petr Munster (Brno University of Technology & CESNET, Czech Republic)
Kimio Oguchi (National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan)
Henri Hodara (Symbioptix, USA)
In a random order
to be formed soon
FOAN2019 was an enriching experience we are very grateful to have been part of, and we are already looking forward for FOAN2020!
FOAN 2021 which I saw it as an excellent high quality event on Fiber Optics in Europe. On my opinion I can put it at the same level with FTTH Council Europe conference and ECOC on top 3 yearly events on Fiber Optic in Europe for the fiber optic specialists.